Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Homemade Granola

It's surprising given how much I love granola, but I had never made it myself before. We're sick of the one kind of granola available in the grocery store. So, I found this recipe and decided to give it a go.


It's funny because it was really easy to make and I had everything I needed on hand. Sure, I subbed raisins for the cherries and I didn't use banana chips, but basically I had it all. As I was putting everything together though, I realized how much effort had gone into getting all the ingredients.

I mean, the oats were from an organic store a 20 min bike ride away, the coconut syrup I subbed for maple flavoring was from Bali, the molasses from Tokyo, the maple syrup from Matsumoto, the coconut from a Brazilian store in Shiojiri...you get the idea.

Anyways, it was delicious. Yesterday I saw a recipe for granola that involved amaretto so I may have to try that next. That is, after I bike to Okaya to get more oats...

1 comment: